I love the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set! It makes me feel like spring...happy, light-hearted and carefree. In a recent Zoom class (details of future classes are at the bottom of this post) we made the traditional slimline card and this mini slimline card, too. It's a fun shape and does not seem so overwhelming to decorate. The folks on this class wanted to make an envelope to match so we did! (Although it will fit in the standard A2 envelope.)
To make this card and envelope you will need:
Basic White Thick card base: 3 1/4" x 11", score at 5 1/2"
Blackberry Bliss mat: 3" x 5 1/4"
Ice Cream Corner DSP: 2 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Scrap for sentiment and popsicle
Blackberry Bliss card stock 7 1/2" x 7 3/4" for envelope
1. Adhere your popsicle piece of paper to the Blackberry Bliss mat.
2. Fold and burnish your card base. Adhere the mat to the card base.
3. Stamp "thank you" from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set on a scrap of Basic White card stock and cut with a stitched rectangle die.
4. Stamp "off" once, and then stamp the lower half of the popsicle in Blackberry Bliss ink on a scrap of basic white. Stamp the top of the popsicle in Calypso Coral ink.
5. Stamp the popsicle stick and the woodgrain in Cinnamon Cider ink.
6. Fussy cut out both pieces and adhere the popsicle stick to the back of the popsicle.
7. Adhere next to the sentiment with dimensionals.
To Make the envelope:
1. With the 7 1/2" side of the Blackberry Bliss card stock along the top of your paper trimmer/scorer, score this piece at 2" and 5 1/2".
2. Turn the paper so the 7 3/4" side is along the top and score at 1 1/2" and 7 1/4". (See diagram below.)
3. Fold and burnish all score lines.
4. Referring to the photo below, trim away the left and right outer rectangles on the top and the bottom.
5. Use your Detailed Trio punch to round the corners of the top flap.
6. Miter the edges of the bottom flap.
7. Fold the left flap towards the middle and put Tear & Tape as close to the edge as you can. Remove the backing and close the right flap over it. Rub it with the bone folder to ensure good contact.
8. Place Tear & Tape on the small bottom flap and fold up. Also rub this with the bone folder.
9. You may need to use an address label or a marker/gel pen to write your address on a dark color of card stock.
10. Write your message, sign your card and send it off to make someone smile!
***** Want tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my email!*****
If you'd like to make this card at home, click on the blue links in the description/directions of this post to go to my online store. If you live in the USA and would like a catalog, please email me and I will send one right out to you.
As a thank you for purchasing with me, I will share a different tutorial with you each month via email. These tutorials provide complete instructions and photos to make many wonderful projects. Here is a sneak peek.
Lorraine is an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator who loves to cut paper (really, it's true), create cards, and help others to discover how much happiness comes from making cards and sending them!
Unless otherwise indicated, all stamped images are © 1990 - current Stampin’ Up!®. The projects shown are for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. The content of this website is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!