Welcome to our Creativity Abounds Blog Hop- May 2021. We are a group of Stampin’ Up® Demonstrators from all around the world that are coming together to share our creative ideas with you. We are happy that you can join us and hope that we can inspire you to make creations of your own.
You may be starting here or have come from someone else's blog - either way there is a list at the end of this post to help you visit all the different blogs and get many amazing ideas. We all have our country listed - so if you are looking for a demonstrator in your country, these demonstrators would love to look after you with your Stampin' Up!® shopping or if you would like to join our Stampin' Up!® teams. If you are in the United States, I'd love to be your demonstrator or have you as part of my team!
Our theme this month is 2021-2023 In Colors. As you can see these colors are beautiful and coordinate very nicely together. My favorite color seems to change daily. I'm really enjoying them all. I loved using all the colors in the background. The die cuts are from the Penned Flowers die set that coordinates with the Hand-Penned stamp set. and the sentiment is from the Artistically Inked stamp set. I love that you can use the detailed die and the outline die without the stamped image. The vellum adds just the right touch of softness to the strips of color.
This card is quick and easy to make- the best kind, right? Let's get started so you can make one of your own.
Here you go:
1. Cut a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card base and score at 4 1/4".
2. Cut a Basic White mat to 5" x 3 3/4".
3. Cut a 1/2" by 6 1/2" strip of each of the 2021-2023 In Colors.
4. Place the white mat on your silicone mat so the overhanging edges of your In Color strips do not stick to your work surface.
5. Adhere the Pale Papaya strip to the middle of the card at an angle. The order of In Colors from top to bottom on this card is Soft Succulent, Polished Pink, Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia, and Evening Evergreen. THE STRIPS WILL OVERHANG THE MAT on each side.
6. Continuing adding the strips above and below the Pale Papaya strip.
7. Once you have all 5 In Color strips adhered and the glue is dried, flip the white card over and trim the edges.
8. Next, stamp the Best Wishes sentiment from Artistically Inked in the lower right hand corner with Soft Succulent ink.
9. Run this piece through the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder and then adhere to the Soft Succulent card base.
10. Use your Blending Brushes to randomly add all 5 In Colors to a 3" x 3 1/2" piece of Basic White card stock. Then die cut with the bouquet of flowers die from the Penned Flowers die set.
11. Die cut the outline of the bouquet of flowers from a piece of vellum measuring 4" x 3".
12. Use tiny drops of Tombow glue on the reverse side of the die cut bouquet of flowers and adhere to the vellum.
13. Turn over the vellum and apply tiny drops of glue in areas that are hidden by the die cut.
14. Adhere this piece to the striped mat.
15. Add three In Color Jewels in your favorite in colors to the front of the card.
*** Would you like to receive Tips, Tricks and Inspiration to you inbox each week? Sign up for my email here.
I'd love to be your demonstrator and help you make cards like this at home. Need assistance please email me. Need a catalog? Fill this out and I'll send one to you!
Everyone who shops with me receives at least one free tutorial each month. Here's a sneak peek at this months offerings.
Lorraine is an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator who loves to cut paper (really, it's true), create cards, and help others to discover how much happiness comes from making cards and sending them!
Unless otherwise indicated, all stamped images are © 1990 - current Stampin’ Up!®. The projects shown are for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. The content of this website is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!