Happy Sunday! It's time for a Share It Sunday Blog Hop. In this hop we share a project that we've been working on without any guidelines, sketch or color requirements.
Unfortunately, I've needed several sympathy cards recently. My preference for this type of card is a simple, but pretty card in soft, soothing colors. This is what I made most recently.
The colors of Soft Sea Foam, Flirty Flamingo, and Petal Pink create a beautiful pastel color palette. The "with deepest sympathy" is from the Peaceful Moments stamp set. I love the simplicity of it.
****Sign up to receive my weekly email full of tips, tricks and inspirations!***
Soft Sea Foam card base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Basic White Mat for inside and front: 5 1/4" x 4"
Large Basic White scrap for blossom branch
Small Basic White scrap for sentiment
1. Using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder, emboss the card mat for the front. Adhere to the front of the card base.
2. Stamp the branch of flowers using Memento Tuxedo Black on the large Basic White scrap.
3. Using a dauber, dab Flirty Flamingo ink in the center of the large blossoms.
4. Color the smaller closed flower buds with the light Petal Pink blends.
5. Also add a bit of color to the edges of the larger flowers with the Petal Pink blends.
5. Color the leaves and stems with the light Soft Sea Foam blends.
6. Cut out with the coordinating die from the Cherry Blossoms die set.
6.Stamp your sentiment on the smaller Basic White scrap and cut with a stitched rectangle die. Cut so the sentiment is closer to the right hand edge.
7. Adhere the sentiment to the front of the card.
8. Using dimensionals adhere the branch of flowers to the front of the card.
Remember this is a Blog Hop! Click on another talented creator and see what's been happening on their craft table!
Would you like to make cards like this at home? You can purchase all of the supplies needed to make this card by clicking HERE.
Need a catalog? Sign up here and I'll send you one!
If you live in the USA, please shop with me. Everyone who places an order with me receives a free tutorial monthly. These tutorials contain instructions and photos to help you make many beautiful projects. Here's a sneak peek at the current tutorial.
I hope you have found inspiration to go make a card and will send it out soon!
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat'n'CraftLT
Lorraine is an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator who loves to cut paper (really, it's true), create cards, and help others to discover how much happiness comes from making cards and sending them!
Unless otherwise indicated, all stamped images are © 1990 - current Stampin’ Up!®. The projects shown are for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. The content of this website is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!