If you love all the pretty patterned papers by Stampin' Up! then you will love this card design. It really shows off beautiful paper. This Criss Cross Pocket card is quick and fun to make- two of my favorite qualities in a card design. I used the Pansy Petals paper and the Flowers of Friendship Bundle.
Grab a 6" x 12" piece of patterned paper (with a design that looks great when the piece is in landscape orientation,) a piece of coordinating card stock (Fresh Freesia is pictured) and half a sheet of basic white.
Here's how you make this card:
1. With the 12" side of your card stock along the top of your trimmer (landscape orientation,) score this piece at 4" and 8".
Turn your paper 90 degrees and score 1/2" from the bottom- all the way down the 12" side. Make sure you are scoring the bottom side- check your pattern.
3. Burnish all your folds.
4. Trim away the 1/2" rectangle that is on the bottom left and right side, leaving it only in the middle. Miter the edges of that flap. (See photo.)
5. Now, refer to the diagram below and cut from the score line to the outer edge of the rectangle on each side as shown by the red arrows.
6. Fold UP the 1/2" flap in the center and put adhesive on the outer side. Then fold the right hand triangle onto this adhesive.
7. Put a thin layer of glue on this piece that you just folder over and fold the left hand side onto that. Your pocket is now complete.
8. Use the Layering Circle Dies to cut two circles to layer on the front of the pocket. Decorate it with cut outs or die cuts. Add a sentiment, if desired.
9. Next, make the inside piece. Cut your coordinating card stock to 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" and layer a 3 1/2" x 5" piece of Basic White on top. Add a sentiment and/or small stamped design along the top.
10. Now choose someone to send the card to and get it out in the mail. Saved cards do not spread joy!
***Sign up for my email to receive Tips, Tricks, and Inspiration in your inbox each week. ***
I'd love to help you make cards like this at home, if you do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd be happy to send you a catalog.
Everyone that purchases with me receives a free tutorial (or two). Here's a sneak peek at the tutorials I'm sending as Thank You's this month.
I hope you have been inspired to make a card!
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat'n'CraftLT
Lorraine is an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator who loves to cut paper (really, it's true), create cards, and help others to discover how much happiness comes from making cards and sending them!
Unless otherwise indicated, all stamped images are © 1990 - current Stampin’ Up!®. The projects shown are for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. The content of this website is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!