I love to make cards! I can make a lot of cards. I don't ever seem to get tired of making cards. Does that sound like you, too?
I was scrolling through FB and saw a card that caught my eye. It was a different size and shape. Suddenly it seemed like a change of pace would be good. Why not make a slightly different card layout? And, this card is mailable in the US! My card, below, is inspired by the one Jan Musselman displayed on FB.
I love that you can make a matching envelope for this card! Here is the "recipe" to make the card and envelope.
Card base: 7 1/2" x 8 3/4", scored at 3 3/4"
Card front: 3" x 8"
Card front mat: 3 1/4" x 8 1/4", (Cut a second one in Whisper white for the inside of the card if you have a dark card base.)
DSP: 3" x 1 1/4", 3" x 1", 3 x 3/4"
Cardstock 8 1/2" x 11"
Liner 2 1/2" x 3 3/4"
To Make the Card
1. Stamp your images and greetings on the right side of the card on the card front (3" x 8").
2. Adhere your patterned paper so the three strips are slightly separated. Match the patterns.
3. Adhere the stamped piece to the card mat.
4. Adhere this to the card base. Stamp on the inside (or inside mat if it's a dark card base.)
To Make the Envelope
1. Place your 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock with the 8 1/2" side along the top of the scorer and score at 2 1/2" and 6 1/2".
2. Turn and place the 11" side along the top and score at 1 1/2" and 10 1/2".
3. Fold and burnish each score line.
4. Trim away the outer rectangles not the top and bottom of the card stock. On the side with the 1/2" flap, cut away a small piece on each side. (See photo below.)
5. Use a corner rounder to round all 4 corners on the top. (See photo below.)
6. Round the corners on the patterned paper and adhere to the large flap at the top. This is a lining inside the envelope.
7. Fold the smaller, left side in to the middle and put adhesive on it. Fold the right side on top and smooth it over with the bone folder.
8. Put adhesive on the bottom flap and fold in. Rub adhesive tight with bone folder.
You are done! Now, isn't it great to have a matching envelope!!
*******Get all my cards, tips and tricks delivered to your inbox. Click here to sign up!********
You can see the specific products I used at the end of this post.
I hope that you will give this card a try! I'd love to see what you create!
You are invited to post a photo of any of your creations here.
Please let me know if I can help you make a card or learn a new technique! I'd love to be of assistance.
shop online at: lorraine tierney.stampinup.net
FB: Chat'n'Craft/Lorraine Tierney
Pinterest: Chat'n'Craftlt Stampin Up Cards
Lorraine is an independent Stampin' Up! demonstrator who loves to cut paper (really, it's true), create cards, and help others to discover how much happiness comes from making cards and sending them!
Unless otherwise indicated, all stamped images are © 1990 - current Stampin’ Up!®. The projects shown are for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. The content of this website is not endorsed by Stampin' Up!